Saturday, April 16, 2011

Paddling Away


Paddling away beneath the surface. This week, have been working hard on the album cover (check out www.streetpartyband.com), and on finishing a larger painting from many years ago. I've been trying to work through my collection of unfinished works and nail them down and sign them. It's a bit of a gift to find out that I can find solutions to previous problems, that effort and study really do pay off.

Tonight started something new; and it's probably one of the most honest things I've ever done. But I think it will wait to share until it's finished. So, here's two older paintings..."dreamscapes" as I called them,  a bit of a continuation on the journey theme. They were important to me at the time, representing physical journeys and also spiritual/emotional ones. Thank you again for going on this painting blog journey with me. I am so grateful for the wonderful messages I've been getting. Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. These are cool. I've tried a bit of abstract work--it's so different than doing the usual stuff. In looking thru your blog I see you try lots of different styles.

    ReplyDelete