Friday, April 8, 2011

Help for Japan

sold
En plein air (meaning I actually carried my easel, palette, brushes and medium outside into the yard to do this). So, I had to wear a mask because the pollen is pretty heavy today, and I'm sure it looked interesting to everyone passing by. I swear a couple of cars slowed down as they passed. This painting was done for a very special Daily Paintworks Challenge, which is an auction to aid relief efforts in Japan after the Earthquake and Tsunami devastation. Please feel free to bid on the work (it is only available thru this site Daily Paintworks link. I will donate all the proceeds and shipping to Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support. 


This little birdhouse was made by a local artisan and purchased at our farmer's market. It's humble but makes me happy every time I see it. And it has weathered many storms including the most recent which took down 2 large trees on my street.
Hope you are all safe and Home...Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment