Sunday, May 1, 2011

Atlanta Light

Portrait Society of America weekend continues. The first time I walked into this lobby at the Hyatt Grand, I felt compelled to try and capture the rather magnificent and soft light. So, Tom Edgerton was gracious enough to allow me a few photos and I holed up painting during the banquet. This little sketch results. Wish I'd had a better brush with me or bought one today, but still it was fun to try.

The conference has been remarkable! I've gotten to meet some of the finest artists that live, and they have been gracious, fun, inspiring, and instructive. As have all the attendees that I've met (definitely hope to see you all again!). The paintings are so moving and of such profound technical merit, that I wish I could share them all. Check out the Society website and enjoy. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment