Saturday, March 26, 2011

First Marks, Saturday

sold
Welcome to Studio Melle…
It’s spring…time for renewal and growth, and letting go of the winter rest. National Public Radio had a piece yesterday on the symbolism of cherry blossoms that has stayed with me…http://www.npr.org/2011/03/25/134824522/japans-cherry-blossoms-in-brief-beautiful-bloom. The cherry blossom as symbol of the transience of things was discussed in light of the recent tsunami in Japan. Perhaps they can also be seen as a symbol of hope.

This weblog is new for me, and I hope to share my own journey of renewal and change, and to share all that I am grateful for, over the course of it. I don’t know if life is truly short, as we say, but it is precious.

To begin…paintings posted here might be older ones or recent, figurative or abstract, and comments or questions are welcome. I like the idea of daily paintings, and might work that into these postings. Since I am new to this, any suggestions are appreciated.

Aloha, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment