Monday, March 23, 2015

Training



Maybe I haven't mentioned it in the blog yet, but the next session of Ultimate Painting will be on April 24 in Greensboro, NC and I am going to be one of the 12 artists painting. Nope, I have never done anything like it! Based on my experience watching the Paint-Outs at the PSOA conferences, it will be really good fun to watch! And very intense for those of us painting!

So, I am training! I got the cheapest acrylics I could find in only the colors we will be given and am setting the timer for 20 minutes and painting! Right now, I'm just trying to figure out what these pigments do (and do not) and how much painting I can get done in 20 minutes. 

I won't be sharing all of these exercises, but thought I'd let you in on the gig! And if you're at all going to be around, get a ticket for $10 and come out and have fun. There will be an hour of painting (3 heats), an auction of all the paintings and a good time!

Aloha!

http://ultimatepainting.com/event/up40/

5 comments:

  1. I know you're up to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support, Chris and M.D.! A little nervous, but I do think it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! I really am nervous now. Seems like life is keeping me out of the studio most of the time rignt now. But at least I'll get 20 min on Friday! 😄

      Delete